Cauliflower fried "rice"
A real comfort food dinner
- 1 cauliflower in florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 piece (2cm) ginger grated or chopped finely
- 1 carrot finely sliced
- 1 courgette sliced
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1 handful kale or spinach chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos this is the brand I use
- 1 tbsp fish sauce this is the brand I use, Red Boat Fish sauce, as it is 100% pure, free from additives, sugar or salt - it is an AIP/Paleo staple
- 1 handful of coriander leaves & fresh spring onions (chopped) Optional - for garnish
- 3 chicken thighs (cut into pieces) Optional - for a main course
Place the cauliflower - raw - into a food processor and process it until it looks like couscous (rather than rice). I usually do this in 2 or 3 batches, to make sure it doesn’t get all mushed up. Reserve on the side
Use a wok or large frying pan such as a cast iron skillet.
Cook the onion on medium heat until softened
Add the ginger & garlic and cook for another 2 minutes
Add the carrots & courgettes and stir fry until soft
Add cauliflower and cook until soft - between 5 and 10 mins
Add mushrooms & green leafy and the 2 sauces
If using chicken, add the chicken at the same time as the carrots & courgettes. If using prawns, add them in the last stage.