This chocolate cake is the lightest chocolate cake and so moist, you will never want to eat another chocolate cake. And it happens to be Paleo and Vegan, which means: grain & gluten free, dairy free, egg free and (refined) sugar free. It is also the easiest cake to make, totally a fail proof cake.
The ingredients are not completely out of this world either (as some “free from” cakes can be).
Whilst it is very light and quite crumbly (due to no gluten and no egg), I have used this recipe for my son’s birthday cake and it did sustain 3 layers, icing and fondant icing (the filling icing was made with coconut oil icing, a great dairy free alternative).
Best Chocolate Cake - and it's "free from"
- 3 cups Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 units mashed banana
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Combine all dry ingredients (ideally sieving them)
- Add all wet ingredients
- Add the apple cider vinegar right at the end, it will "froth"
- Pour the batter in a tin (circ 20cm diameter)
- Bake for 30 mins at 180 degrees